Help & FAQ
Got questions? Looking for a particular form or document, or preparing for an upcoming visit? We’re here to help.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Q: Where do I go if I have an emergency?
- A: Please call 911 or your local emergency number.
- Q: How do I confirm my appointment?
- A: Please call us at 1-888-4PACMED.
- Q: What should I bring with to my appointment?
- A: Please visit our Preparing for Your Visit page.
- Q: How do I request a copy of my medical records?
- A: Please visit our Medical Records page.
- Q: What’s the best way to get my prescription refilled?
- A: Please contact your pharmacy first and they can contact the doctor for you and help take care of any needed paperwork.
- Q: How do I find a primary care physician?
- A: Please visit our Physician Search page.
- Q: What insurance do you accept?
- A: Please visit our Insurance Accepted page.
- Q: Who do I call with billing and payment or financial questions?
- A: Please call (206) 621-4392
- Q: How do I send a message to my doctor?
- A: If you need to get a message to your doctor, please call 1-888-4PACMED. Please note that in order to protect your privacy and security, we currently do not accept email messages from patients.
- Q: I'm confused about the new billing statement - can you help?
- A: Yes, please visit our Sample Statement page.
- Q: Where can I find my physician's office or specialty center?
- A: Please visit our Center Locations page for directions and hours.
- Q: One of my family members doesn't speak English, do any of your physicians speak other languages?
- A: Yes, Pacific Medical Center offers many options for patients with language barriers; please visit our Physician Search page where you can search by the additional language(s) spoken. (All doctors speak English.) We can also provide interpreters for many languages; please request an interpreter when you call for your appointment.
- Q: I’m a USFHP member and I have a question. Who should I contact?
- A: Please call our Member Services team 206-621-4090.
- Q: What type of services do you offer?
- A: Please visit our What We Do page for more information on all of our specialties.
- Q: How can I apply for a position with PacMed?
- A: Please visit our Work With Us page for more information on available jobs.
- Q: Will my medical information be private?
Pacific Medical Centers is closed on these days for holidays in 2013:
- New Year’s Day – Tuesday, January 1, 2013
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 27, 2013
- Independence Day – Thursday, July 4, 2013
- Labor Day – Monday, September 2, 2013
- Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 28, 2013
- Day After Thanksgiving – Friday, November 29, 2013
- Christmas Day – Wednesday, December 25, 2013
If you can't find your answer here please Contact Us.