Rebecca K. Over, DO
"In treating a chronic disease like diabetes, I believe a team approach is best, involving educators, dietitians, physicians, family - with the most important player, the patient, taking the lead."
- Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, Glendale, AZ
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC
- Board Certified: American Board of Internal Medicine and Board Certified: American Board of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Medical Interests
- Diabetes Mellitus, calcium and bone metabolism, pituitary disorders, thyroid disorders including nodules, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and cancer
- Personal Interests
- Photography, travel and running
- Languages Spoken
- English, Spanish
- More information about Rebecca K. Over, DO
- Dr. Over has been named one of Seattle's best doctors of 2013 by both Seattle magazine and Seattle Met magazine. You can read more here.
Dr. Over's article, "How Businesses Can Help Halt the Diabetes Epidemic," appeared in Seattle Business magazine. Read more here.
Dr. Over appeared on KOMO 4 News talking about the number of people with undiagnosed diabetes and how to learn more about this disease.
Dr. Over was also featured on KING 5 News HealthLink, discussing reversing type 2 diabetes using diet and exercise.
Dr. Over recently appeared on Q13 Fox News talking about National Diabetes Awareness Month and what we can do to help stop diabetes. Click here to learn more.
Dr. Rebecca Over was featured on a recent segment on KOMO News radio, along with Allen Taylor, the Senior Safety and Health Specialist with Seattle Public Utilities. They discussed how to keep your diet healthy during the holidays, especially if you are diabetic. You can listen to the segment here.
You can read Dr. Over's article, "How You Can Halt the Diabetes Epidemic," here.
Dr. Over also teaches Diabetes Education classes. Click here to see upcoming classes.